To touch; to feel with the hand; to use or hold with the hand.
- To touch, lift, or hold with the hands.
- To operate with the hands; manipulate.
- To deal with or have responsibility for; conduct: handles matters of corporate law.
- To cope with or dispose of: handles problems efficiently.
- To direct, execute, or dispose of: handle an investment.
- To manage, administer to, or represent: handle a boxer.
- To deal or trade in the purchase or sale of: a branch office that handles grain exports.
- To act or function in a given way while in operation: a car that handles well in the snow.
- A part that is designed to be held or operated with the hand.
- An opportunity or a means for achieving a purpose.
- Understanding or control: has a handle on the situation.
- Slang A person's name.
- Games The total amount of money bet on an event or over a set period of time.
- get Informal To achieve an understanding of: I was finally able to get a handle on the true nature of the problem.