A retinue of servants; a household.
- Being one of a large indefinite number; numerous: many a child; many another day.
- Amounting to or consisting of a large indefinite number: many friends.
- A large indefinite number: A good many of the workers had the flu.
- The majority of the people; the masses: "The many fail, the one succeeds” ( Tennyson).
- A large number of persons or things: "For many are called, but few are chosen” ( Matthew 22:14).
- as many The same number of: moved three times in as many years.