Preceding all others of a series or kind; the ordinal of one; earliest; as, the first day of a month; the first year of a reign.
- The ordinal number matching the number one in a series.
- The one coming, occurring, or ranking before or above all others.
- The beginning; the outset: from the first; at first.
- Music The voice or instrument highest in pitch or carrying the principal part.
- The transmission gear or corresponding gear ratio used to produce the range of lowest drive speeds in a motor vehicle.
- The winning position in a contest: finished the season in first.
- Baseball First base.
- Baseball A first baseman.
- Corresponding in order to the number one.
- Coming before all others in order or location: the first house on your left.
- Occurring or acting before all others in time; earliest: the first day of spring.
- Ranking above all others, as in importance or quality; foremost: was first in the class.
- Music Being highest in pitch or carrying the principal part: first trumpet.
- Of, relating to, or being the transmission gear or corresponding gear ratio used to produce the range of lowest drive speeds in a motor vehicle.
- Of, related to, or being a member of the U.S. president's household: first daughter Amy Carter.
- Before or above all others in time, order, rank, or importance: arrived first; forgot to light the oven first.
- For the first time.
- Rather; preferably: would die first.
- In the first place; to begin with. See Usage Note at firstly.
- off From the start; immediately: Why wasn't I told first off? When I get to work, I have to call my lawyer first thing.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പ്രധാനമായ - Pradhaanamaaya | Pradhanamaya ;ഗുണത്തിലോ പദവിയിലോ ഏറ്റവുമയര്ന്ന - Gunaththilo Padhaviyilo Ettavumayarnna | Gunathilo Padhaviyilo Ettavumayarnna ;ആദി - Aadhi | adhi ;ആദ്യമായി - Aadhyamaayi | adhyamayi ;ആദിമമായ - Aadhimamaaya | adhimamaya ;ആദ്യത്തേത് - Aadhyaththethu | adhyathethu ;