Any sharp organ of offense and defense, especially when connected with a poison gland, and adapted to inflict a wound by piercing; as the caudal sting of a scorpion. The sting of a bee or wasp is a modified ovipositor. The caudal sting, or spine, of a sting ray is a modified dorsal fin ray. The term is sometimes applied to the fang of a serpent. See Illust. of Scorpion.
- To pierce or wound painfully with or as if with a sharp-pointed structure or organ, as that of certain insects.
- To cause to feel a sharp, smarting pain by or as if by pricking with a sharp point: smoke stinging our eyes.
- To cause to suffer keenly in the mind or feelings: Those harsh words stung me bitterly.
- To spur on by or as if by sharp irritation.
- Slang To cheat or overcharge.
- To have, use, or wound with or as if with a sharp-pointed structure or organ, as that of certain insects.
- To cause or feel a sharp, smarting pain.
- The act of stinging.
- The wound or pain caused by or as if by stinging.
- A sharp, piercing organ or part, often ejecting a venomous secretion, as the modified ovipositor of a bee or wasp or the spine of certain fishes.
- A stinging power, quality, or capacity.
- A keen stimulus or incitement; a goad or spur: the sting of curiosity.
- Slang A complicated confidence game planned and executed with great care, especially an operation organized and implemented by undercover agents to apprehend criminals.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ദംശനമേല്ക്കുക - Dhamshanamelkkuka ;കടിക്കല് - Kadikkal ;കഠിനവേദനയുണ്ടാകൽ - Kadinavedhanayundaakal | Kadinavedhanayundakal ;കൊമ്പുള്ള - Kompulla ;വേദനിക്കുക - Vedhanikkuka ;പ്രരിപ്പിക്കുക - Prarippikkuka ;