To seize with the teeth, so that they enter or nip the thing seized; to lacerate, crush, or wound with the teeth; as, to bite an apple; to bite a crust; the dog bit a man.
- To cut, grip, or tear with or as if with the teeth.
- To pierce the skin of with the teeth, fangs, or mouthparts.
- To sting with a stinger.
- To cut into with or as if with a sharp instrument: The ax bit the log deeply.
- To grip, grab, or seize: bald treads that couldn't bite the icy road; bitten by a sudden desire to travel.
- To eat into; corrode.
- To cause to sting or be painful: cold that bites the skin; a conscience bitten by remorse.
- To grip, cut into, or injure something with or as if with the teeth.
- To have a stinging effect.
- To have a sharp taste.
- To take or swallow bait.
- To be taken in by a ploy or deception: tried to sell the Brooklyn Bridge, but no one bit.
- Vulgar Slang To be highly disagreeable or annoying.
- The act of biting.
- A skin wound or puncture produced by an animal's teeth or mouthparts: the bite of an insect.
- A stinging or smarting sensation.
- An incisive, penetrating quality: the bite of satire.
- An amount removed by or as if by an act of biting: Rezoning took a bite out of the town's residential area.
- An excerpt or fragment taken from something larger, such as a film.
- An amount of food taken into the mouth at one time; a mouthful.
- Informal A light meal or snack.
- The act or an instance of taking bait: fished all day without a bite; an ad that got a few bites but no final sales.
- A secure grip or hold applied by a tool or machine upon a working surface.
- The part of a tool or machine that presses against and maintains a firm hold on a working surface.
- Dentistry The angle at which the upper and lower teeth meet; occlusion.
- The corrosive action of acid upon an etcher's metal plate.
- Slang An amount of money appropriated or withheld: trying to avoid the tax bite.
- bite off more than (one) can chew To decide or agree to do more than one can finally accomplish.
- bite (someone's) head off To respond to a comment in an angry or reproachful way.
- bite the bullet Slang To face a painful situation bravely and stoically.
- bite the dust Slang To fall dead, especially in combat.
- bite the dust Slang To be defeated.
- bite the dust Slang To come to an end.
- bite the hand that feeds (one) To repay generosity or kindness with ingratitude and injury.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കടിക്കുക - Kadikkuka ;അമ്ലം കൊണ്ട് ദ്രവിപ്പിക്കുക - Amlam Kondu Dhravippikkuka ;ശകാരിച്ചു വ്രണപ്പെടുത്തുക - Shakaarichu Vranappeduththuka | Shakarichu Vranappeduthuka ;നശിപ്പിക്കുക - Nashippikkuka ;റാഞ്ചുക - Raanchuka | Ranchuka ;കൊത്ത് - Koththu | Kothu ;