A thread or slender rod of metal; a metallic substance formed to an even thread by being passed between grooved rollers, or drawn through holes in a plate of steel.
- A usually pliable metallic strand or rod made in many lengths and diameters, sometimes clad and often electrically insulated, used chiefly for structural support or to conduct electricity.
- A group of wire strands bundled or twisted together as a functional unit; cable.
- Something resembling a wire, as in slenderness or stiffness.
- An open telephone connection.
- Slang A hidden microphone, as on a person's body or in a building.
- A telegraph service.
- A telegram or cablegram.
- A wire service.
- Computer Science A pin in the print head of a computer printer.
- The screen on which sheets of paper are formed in a papermaking machine.
- Sports The finish line of a racetrack.
- The system of strings employed in manipulating puppets in a show.
- Hidden controlling influences.
- Slang A pickpocket.
- Fencing made of usually barbed wire.
- To bind, connect, or attach with wires or a wire.
- To string (beads, for example) on wire.
- To equip with a system of electrical wires.
- Slang To install electronic eavesdropping equipment in (a room, for example).
- To send by telegraph: wired her congratulations.
- To send a telegram to.
- Computer Science To implement (a capability) through logic circuitry that is permanently connected within a computer or calculator and therefore not subject to change by programming.
- To determine or put into effect by physiological or neurological mechanisms; hard-wire: "It is plausible that the basic organization of grammar is wired into the child's brain” ( Steven Pinker).
- To send a telegram.
- down to the wire Informal To the very end, as in a race or contest.
- under the wire Sports At the finish line.
- under the wire Informal Just in the nick of time; at the last moment.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വിദ്യുത് പ്രവാഹത്തിനുപയോഗിക്കുന്ന പൊതിയപ്പെട്ട ലോഹതന്തു - Vidhyuthu Pravaahaththinupayogikkunna Pothiyappetta Lohathanthu | Vidhyuthu Pravahathinupayogikkunna Pothiyappetta Lohathanthu ;കമ്പി - Kampi ;കന്പി - Kanpi ;ചരട് - Charadu ;കമ്പികൊണ്ടു കെട്ടുക - Kampikondu Kettuka ;കമ്പിമാര്ഗം അറിയിക്കുക - Kampimaargam Ariyikkuka | Kampimargam Ariyikkuka ;