The quality or state of being useful; usefulness; production of good; profitableness to some valuable end; as, the utility of manure upon land; the utility of the sciences; the utility of medicines.
- The quality or condition of being useful; usefulness: "I have always doubted the utility of these conferences on disarmament” ( Winston S. Churchill).
- A useful article or device.
- A public utility.
- A commodity or service, such as electricity, water, or public transportation, that is provided by a public utility.
- Computer Science A utility program.
- Used, serving, or working in several capacities as needed, especially:
- Prepared to play any of the smaller theatrical roles on short notice: a utility cast member.
- Capable of playing as a substitute in any of several positions: a utility infielder.
- Designed for various often heavy-duty practical uses: a utility knife; a utility vehicle.
- Raised or kept for the production of a farm product rather than for show or as pets: utility livestock.
- Of the lowest U.S. Government grade: utility beef.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പ്രയോജനകത്വം - Prayojanakathvam ;ഉപയോഗയോഗ്യത - Upayogayogyatha ;പ്രയോജനത്വം - Prayojanathvam ;നന്മ - Nanma ;ലാഭം - Laabham | Labham ;അവശ്യവസ്തു - Avashyavasthu ;