A series of links or rings, usually of metal, connected, or fitted into one another, used for various purposes, as of support, of restraint, of ornament, of the exertion and transmission of mechanical power, etc.
- A connected, flexible series of links, typically of metal, used especially for holding objects together or restraining or for transmitting mechanical power.
- Such a set of links, often of precious metal and with pendants attached, worn as an ornament or symbol of office.
- A restraining or confining agent or force.
- Bonds, fetters, or shackles.
- Captivity or oppression; bondage: threw off the chains of slavery.
- A series of closely linked or connected things: a chain of coincidences. See Synonyms at series.
- A number of establishments, such as stores, theaters, or hotels, under common ownership or management.
- A range of mountains.
- Chemistry A group of atoms bonded in a spatial configuration like links in a chain.
- An instrument used in surveying, consisting of 100 linked pieces of iron or steel and measuring 66 feet (20.1 meters). Also called Gunter's chain.
- A similar instrument used in engineering, measuring 100 feet (30.5 meters).
- A unit of measurement equal to the length of either of these instruments.
- To bind or make fast with a chain or chains: chained the dog to a tree.
- To restrain or confine as if with chains: workers who were chained to a life of dull routine.
- pull To take unfair advantage of someone; deceive or manipulate someone.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സംഭവപരമ്പര - Sambhavaparampara ;നിഗഡം - Nigadam ;പംക്തി - Pamkthi ;ചങ്ങല കെട്ടിയുറപ്പിക്കുക - Changala Kettiyurappikkuka ;അടിമയാക്കുക - Adimayaakkuka | Adimayakkuka ;വിലങ്ങിടുക - Vilangiduka ;