Order; a regular and imposing arrangement; disposition in regular lines; hence, order of battle; as, drawn up in battle array.
- To set out for display or use; place in an orderly arrangement: arrayed the whole regiment on the parade ground.
- To dress in finery; adorn.
- An orderly, often imposing arrangement: an array of royal jewels.
- An impressively large number, as of persons or objects: an array of heavily armed troops; an array of spare parts. See Synonyms at display.
- Splendid attire; finery.
- Mathematics A rectangular arrangement of quantities in rows and columns, as in a matrix.
- Mathematics Numerical data linearly ordered by magnitude.
- Computer Science An arrangement of memory elements in one or more planes.