A long seat, differing from a stool in its greater length.
- A long seat, often without a back, for two or more persons.
- Nautical A thwart in a boat.
- Law The seat for judges in a courtroom.
- Law The office or position of a judge.
- Law The judge or judges composing a court.
- A seat occupied by a person in an official capacity.
- The office of such a person.
- A strong worktable, such as one used in carpentry or in a laboratory.
- A platform on which animals, especially dogs, are exhibited.
- Sports The place where the players on a team sit when not participating in a game.
- Sports The reserve players on a team.
- A level, narrow stretch of land interrupting a declivity.
- A level elevation of land along a shore or coast, especially one marking a former shoreline.
- To furnish with benches.
- To seat on a bench.
- To show (dogs) in a bench show.
- Sports To keep out of or remove from a game: benched the goalie for fighting.
- Sports To bench-press.