A son or a daughter; a male or female descendant, in the first degree; the immediate progeny of human parents; -- in law, legitimate offspring. Used also of animals and plants.
- A person between birth and puberty.
- A person who has not attained maturity or the age of legal majority.
- An unborn infant; a fetus.
- An infant; a baby.
- One who is childish or immature.
- A son or daughter; an offspring.
- A member of a tribe; descendant: children of Abraham.
- An individual regarded as strongly affected by another or by a specified time, place, or circumstance: a child of nature; a child of the Sixties.
- A product or result of something specified: "Times Square is a child of the 20th century” ( Richard F. Shepard).
- with child Pregnant.