A common metal of a reddish color, both ductile and malleable, and very tenacious. It is one of the best conductors of heat and electricity. Symbol Cu. Atomic weight 63.3. It is one of the most useful metals in itself, and also in its alloys, brass and bronze.
- A ductile, malleable, reddish-brown metallic element that is an excellent conductor of heat and electricity and is widely used for electrical wiring, water piping, and corrosion-resistant parts, either pure or in alloys such as brass and bronze. Atomic number 29; atomic weight 63.54; melting point 1,083°C; boiling point 2,595°C; specific gravity 8.96; valence 1, 2. See Table at element.
- A coin, usually of small denomination, made of copper or a copper alloy.
- Chiefly British A large cooking pot made of copper or often of iron.
- Any of various small butterflies of the subfamily Lycaeninae, having predominantly copper-colored wings.
- A reddish brown.
- To coat or finish with a layer of copper.
- Slang To bet against, as in faro.
- Slang A police officer.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കാംസ്യം - Kaamsyam | Kamsyam ;ചെമ്പുകൊണ്ടുണ്ടാക്കിയ - Chempukondundaakkiya | Chempukondundakkiya ;കിടാരം - Kidaaram | Kidaram ;താമ്രകം - Thaamrakam | Thamrakam ;താമ്രം - Thaamram | Thamram ;പവിത്രം - Pavithram ;