Running or moving rapidly.
- Belonging to the present time: current events; current leaders.
- Being in progress now: current negotiations.
- Passing from one to another; circulating: current bills and coins.
- Prevalent, especially at the present time: current fashions. See Synonyms at prevailing.
- Running; flowing.
- A steady, smooth onward movement: a current of air from a fan; a current of spoken words. See Synonyms at flow.
- The part of a body of liquid or gas that has a continuous onward movement: rowed out into the river's swift current.
- A general tendency, movement, or course. See Synonyms at tendency.
- Electricity A flow of electric charge.
- Electricity The amount of electric charge flowing past a specified circuit point per unit time.