That which fends off attack or danger; a defense; a protection; a cover; security; shield.
- A structure serving as an enclosure, a barrier, or a boundary, usually made of posts or stakes joined together by boards, wire, or rails.
- The art or sport of fencing.
- One who receives and sells stolen goods.
- A place where stolen goods are received and sold.
- Archaic A means of defense; a protection.
- To enclose with or as if with a fence. See Synonyms at enclose.
- To separate or close off by or as if by means of a fence.
- To ward off; keep away.
- To defend.
- To sell (stolen goods) to a fence.
- To practice the art or sport of fencing.
- To use tactics similar to the parry and thrust of fencing.
- To avoid giving direct answers; hedge.
- To act as a conduit for stolen goods.
- on the fence Informal Undecided as to which of two sides to support; uncommitted or neutral.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വേഷ്ടകം - Veshdakam ;വൈതാനം - Vaithaanam | Vaithanam ;വേലികെട്ടുക - Velikettuka ;അതിര്വാള്പയറ്റ് അഭ്യസിക്കുക - Athirvaalpayattu Abhyasikkuka | Athirvalpayattu Abhyasikkuka ;പ്രകാരം - Prakaaram | Prakaram ;വേലികെട്ടിയടയ്ക്കുക - Velikettiyadaykkuka ;