The act or state of possessing, or holding as one's own.
- The act or fact of possessing.
- The state of being possessed.
- Something owned or possessed.
- Wealth or property.
- Law Actual holding or occupancy with or without rightful ownership.
- A territory subject to foreign control.
- The state of being dominated by or as if by evil spirits or by an obsession.
- Sports Physical control of the ball or puck by a player or team.
- Sports The condition of being on offense: The home team was in possession during most of the fourth quarter.