One who takes or receives in any manner.
- One that receives something: a receiver of many compliments.
- Electronics A device, such as a part of a radio, television set, or telephone, that receives incoming radio signals and converts them to perceptible forms, such as sound or light.
- An official appointed to receive and account for money due.
- Law A person appointed by a court administrator to take into custody the property or funds of others, pending litigation.
- A person who knowingly buys or receives stolen goods.
- A receptacle intended for a specific purpose.
- Football A member of the offensive team eligible to catch a forward pass.
- Baseball The catcher.