To have just and adequate ideas of; to apprehended the meaning or intention of; to have knowledge of; to comprehend; to know; as, to understand a problem in Euclid; to understand a proposition or a declaration; the court understands the advocate or his argument; to understand the sacred oracles; to understand a nod or a wink.
- To perceive and comprehend the nature and significance of; grasp. See Synonyms at apprehend.
- To know thoroughly by close contact or long experience with: That teacher understands children.
- To grasp or comprehend the meaning intended or expressed by (another): They have trouble with English, but I can understand them.
- To comprehend the language, sounds, form, or symbols of.
- To know and be tolerant or sympathetic toward: I can understand your point of view even though I disagree with it.
- To learn indirectly, as by hearsay: I understand his departure was unexpected.
- To infer: Am I to understand you are staying the night?
- To accept (something) as an agreed fact: It is understood that the fee will be 50 dollars.
- To supply or add (words or a meaning, for example) mentally.
- To have understanding, knowledge, or comprehension.
- To have sympathy or tolerance.
- To learn something indirectly or secondhand; gather.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മനസ്സിലാക്കുക - Manassilaakkuka | Manassilakkuka ;മനസ്സിലാവുക - Manassilaavuka | Manassilavuka ;തിരിച്ചറിയുക - Thirichariyuka ;അറിയുക - Ariyuka ;അര്ത്ഥമാക്കുക - Arththamaakkuka | Arthamakkuka ;ഗ്രഹണശക്തിയണ്ടാകുക - Grahanashakthiyandaakuka | Grahanashakthiyandakuka ;