A thin, broad piece cut off; as, a slice of bacon; a slice of cheese; a slice of bread.
- A thin broad piece cut from a larger object: ate a slice of cheese; examined a slice of the diseased lung.
- An often wedge-shaped piece cut from a larger, usually circular object: ordered a slice of pie; shared a slice of pizza.
- A portion or share: a slice of the profits.
- A knife with a broad, thin, flexible blade, used for cutting and serving food.
- A similar implement for spreading printing ink.
- Sports The course of a ball that curves in the direction of the dominant hand of the player propelling it, as to the right of a right-handed player.
- Sports A stroke that causes a ball to follow such a course: a golfer with a bad slice.
- Sports A ball propelled on such a course.
- Sports A stroke, as in tennis, in which the ball is struck with a downward motion with the open face of the racket in order to impart backspin.
- To cut or divide into slices: slice a loaf of bread.
- To cut from a larger piece: slice off a piece of salami.
- To cut through or across with or as if with a knife: The harvester sliced the field.
- To divide into portions or shares; parcel out.
- To spread, work at, or clear away with a bladed tool such as a slice bar.
- Sports To hit (a ball) with a slice.
- To move like a knife: The destroyer sliced through the water.
- Sports To hit a ball with a slice.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കഷണം - Kashanam ;മുറിച്ചെടുത്ത പരന്ന കഷണം - Muricheduththa Paranna Kashanam | Murichedutha Paranna Kashanam ;ഭ്രമണം - Bhramanam ;കഷണങ്ങളാക്കിയ - Kashanangalaakkiya | Kashanangalakkiya ;അരിയുക - Ariyuka ;ചെറുകഷണങ്ങളാക്കുക - Cherukashanangalaakkuka | Cherukashanangalakkuka ;