Any slight appendage, as to an article of dress; something slight hanging loosely; specifically, a direction card, or label.
- A strip of leather, paper, metal, or plastic attached to something or hung from a wearer's neck to identify, classify, or label: sale tags on all coats and dresses.
- The plastic or metal tip at the end of a shoelace.
- The contrastingly colored tip of an animal's tail.
- Sports A bright piece of feather, floss, or tinsel surrounding the shank of the hook on a fishing fly.
- A dirty, matted lock of wool.
- A loose lock of hair.
- A rag; a tatter.
- A small, loose fragment: I heard only tags and snippets of what was being said.
- An ornamental flourish, especially at the end of a signature.
- A designation or an epithet, especially an unwelcome one: He did not take kindly to the tag of pauper.
- A brief quotation used in a discourse to give it an air of erudition or authority: Shakespearean tags.
- A cliché, saw, or similar short, conventional idea used to embellish a discourse: These tags of wit and wisdom bore me.
- The refrain or last lines of a song or poem.
- The closing lines of a speech in a play; a cue.
- Computer Science A label assigned to identify data in memory.
- Computer Science A sequence of characters in a markup language used to provide information, such as formatting specifications, about a document.
- Slang A graffito featuring a word or words, especially the author's name, rather than a picture: "Instead of a cursive linear tag, Super Kool painted his name along the exterior of a subway car in huge block pink and yellow letters” ( Eric Scigliano).
- To label, identify, or recognize with or as if with a tag: I tagged him as a loser. See Synonyms at mark1.
- To put a ticket on (a motor vehicle) for a traffic or parking violation.
- To charge with a crime: The suspect was tagged for arson.
- To add as an appendage to: tagged an extra paragraph on the letter.
- To follow closely: Excited children tagged the circus parade to the end of its route.
- To cut the tags from (sheep).
- To add a taggant to: explosives that were tagged with coded microscopic bits of plastic.
- To mark or vandalize (a surface) with graffiti: tagged the subway walls.
- To follow after; accompany: tagged after me everywhere; insisted on tagging along.
- Games A children's game in which one player pursues the others until he or she is able to touch one of them, who then in turn becomes the pursuer.
- Baseball The act of putting out a base runner who is not on a base by touching that player with the ball.
- Sports The act of touching a player as a substitute for tackling in touch football.
- To touch (another player) in the game of tag.
- Baseball To touch (a base runner) with the ball in order to put that player out.
- Sports To touch (the runner) as a substitute for tackling in touch football.
- tag up Baseball To return to and touch a base with one foot before running to the next base after a fielder has caught a fly ball.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഉറപ്പ് വരുത്താന് വേണ്ടി വാക്യത്തിനോടു ചേര്ക്കുന്ന പദമോ പദസംഹിതകളോ - Urappu Varuththaan Vendi Vaakyaththinodu Cherkkunna Padhamo Padhasamhithakalo | Urappu Varuthan Vendi Vakyathinodu Cherkkunna Padhamo Padhasamhithakalo ;കൂട്ടിയോജിപ്പിക്കുക - Koottiyojippikkuka ;ചരടറ്റത്തു പിടിപ്പിച്ച ലോഹക്കുഴല് - Charadattaththu Pidippicha Lohakkuzhal | Charadattathu Pidippicha Lohakkuzhal ;ഉടയാടകളിൽ വിലവിവരമോ രേഖപ്പെടുത്തി ഒട്ടിച്ചുചേർത്ത തുണിയുടെയോ തുകലിൻറെയോ കഷണം - Udayaadakalil Vilavivaramo Rekhappeduththi Ottichucherththa Thuniyudeyo Thukalinreyo Kashanam | Udayadakalil Vilavivaramo Rekhappeduthi Ottichuchertha Thuniyudeyo Thukalinreyo Kashanam ;ഉപനാമം - Upanaamam | Upanamam ;തൊങ്ങല് - Thongal ;