- An item used to identify something or someone, as a small piece of paper or cloth attached to an article to designate its origin, owner, contents, use, or destination.
- A descriptive term; an epithet.
- A distinctive name or trademark identifying a product or manufacturer, especially a recording company.
- Architecture A molding over a door or window; a dripstone.
- Heraldry A figure in a field consisting of a narrow horizontal bar with several pendants.
- Chemistry See tracer.
- To attach a label to.
- To identify or designate with a label; describe or classify: labeled them Yuppies. See Synonyms at mark1.
- Chemistry To add a tracer to (a compound).