A passing round; circuit; circuitous course.
- A device used to determine geographic direction, usually consisting of a magnetic needle or needles horizontally mounted or suspended and free to pivot until aligned with the earth's magnetic field.
- Another device, such as a radio compass or a gyrocompass, used for determining geographic direction.
- A V-shaped device for describing circles or circular arcs and for taking measurements, consisting of a pair of rigid, end-hinged legs, one of which is equipped with a pen, pencil, or other marker and the other with a sharp point providing a pivot about which the drawing leg is turned. Also called pair of compasses.
- An enclosing line or boundary; a circumference: outside the compass of the fence. See Synonyms at circumference.
- A restricted space or area: four huge crates within the compass of the elevator.
- Range or scope, as of understanding, perception, or authority: "Lacking a coherent intellectual and moral commitment, [he] was forced to find his compass in personal experience” ( Doris Kearns Goodwin). See Synonyms at range.
- Music See range.
- To make a circuit of; circle: The sailboat compassed the island.
- To surround; encircle. See Synonyms at surround.
- To understand; comprehend.
- To succeed in carrying out; accomplish. See Synonyms at reach.
- To scheme; plot.
- Forming a curved configuration.
- Semicircular. Used of bow windows.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ചുറ്റും വ്യാപിക്കുക - Chuttum Vyaapikkuka | Chuttum Vyapikkuka ;മണ്ഡലം - Mandalam ;വൃത്തം - Vruththam | Vrutham ;പരിഗതി - Parigathi ;സീമ - Seema ;വക്രഗതി - Vakragathi ;