That which engirdles a person or thing; a band or girdle; as, a lady's belt; a sword belt.
- A flexible band, as of leather or cloth, worn around the waist to support clothing, secure tools or weapons, or serve as decoration.
- Something that resembles this type of band: a belt of trees.
- An encircling route.
- A seat belt or safety belt.
- A continuous band or chain for transferring motion or power or conveying materials from one wheel or shaft to another.
- A band of tough reinforcing material beneath the tread of a tire.
- A geographic region that is distinctive in a specific respect: "This is America's rural poverty belt” ( Charles Kuralt).
- Slang A powerful blow; a wallop.
- Slang A strong emotional reaction.
- Slang A drink of hard liquor.
- To encircle; gird.
- To support or attach with or as if with a belt: belt one's trousers; belted the sword to her waist.
- To mark with or as if with an encircling band.
- To beat with a belt or strap.
- Slang To strike forcefully; hit.
- Slang To sing in a loud and forceful manner: belt out a song.
- Slang To swig (an alcoholic beverage).
- below the belt Not according to the rules; unfairly.
- tighten (one's) belt To begin to exercise thrift and frugality.
- under (one's) belt In one's possession or experience: "By his mid-teens, Liszt had three years of intensive concertizing under his belt” ( Musical Heritage Review).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തോല്വാര് - Tholvaar | Tholvar ;ബെല്റ്റുകൊണ്ടടിക്കുക - Belttukondadikkuka ;ചുറ്റിക്കെട്ടുക - Chuttikkettuka ;മേഖല - Mekhala ;ഗുസ്തിപോലുള്ള കായികമത്സരങ്ങളില് ഒരു നിശ്ചിതമാനദണ്ഡം സൂചിപ്പിക്കുന്ന അരപ്പട്ട - Gusthipolulla Kaayikamathsarangalil Oru Nishchithamaanadhandam Soochippikkunna Arappatta | Gusthipolulla Kayikamathsarangalil Oru Nishchithamanadhandam Soochippikkunna Arappatta ;ഭൂഭാഗം - Bhoobhaagam | Bhoobhagam ;