To put under pledge; to pledge; to place under obligations to do or forbear doing something, as by a pledge, oath, or promise; to bind by contract or promise.
- To obtain or contract for the services of; employ: engage a carpenter.
- To arrange for the use of; reserve: engage a room. See Synonyms at book.
- To pledge or promise, especially to marry.
- To attract and hold the attention of; engross: a hobby that engaged her for hours at a time.
- To win over or attract: His smile engages everyone he meets.
- To draw into; involve: engage a shy person in conversation.
- To require the use of; occupy: Studying engages most of my time.
- To enter or bring into conflict with: We have engaged the enemy.
- To interlock or cause to interlock; mesh: engage the automobile's clutch.
- To give or take as security.
- To involve oneself or become occupied; participate: engage in conversation.
- To assume an obligation; agree.
- To enter into conflict or battle: The armies engaged at dawn.
- To become meshed or interlocked: The gears engaged.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വിവാഹം നിശ്ചയിക്കുക - Vivaaham Nishchayikkuka | Vivaham Nishchayikkuka ;വ്യാപൃതമാവുക - Vyaapruthamaavuka | Vyapruthamavuka ;ബാധ്യതപ്പെടുക - Baadhyathappeduka | Badhyathappeduka ;യുദ്ധം ചെയ്യുക - Yuddham Cheyyuka | Yudham Cheyyuka ;ജോലികൊടുക്കുക - Jolikodukkuka ;വിവാഹം - Vivaaham | Vivaham ;