A great flow of water; a body of moving water; the flowing stream, as of a river; especially, a body of water, rising, swelling, and overflowing land not usually thus covered; a deluge; a freshet; an inundation.
- An overflowing of water onto land that is normally dry.
- A flood tide.
- An abundant flow or outpouring: received a flood of applications. See Synonyms at flow.
- A floodlight, specifically a unit that produces a beam of intense light.
- In the Bible, the covering of the earth with water that occurred during the time of Noah.
- To cover or submerge with or as if with a flood; inundate: My desk is flooded with paper.
- To fill with an abundance or an excess: flood the market with cheap goods.
- To become inundated or submerged.
- To pour forth; overflow.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പെരുവെള്ളം - Peruvellam ;ഉദീപം - Udheepam ;വെള്ളം പൊങ്ങുക - Vellam Ponguka ;വെള്ളം നിറയ്ക്കുക - Vellam Niraykkuka ;ജലപ്രവാഹം - Jalapravaaham | Jalapravaham ;വെള്ളപ്പൊക്കം - Vellappokkam ;