Anything which floats or rests on the surface of a fluid, as to sustain weight, or to indicate the height of the surface, or mark the place of, something.
- To remain suspended within or on the surface of a fluid without sinking.
- To be suspended in or move through space as if supported by a liquid.
- To move from place to place, especially at random.
- To move easily or lightly: "Miss Golightly . . . floated round in their arms light as a scarf” ( Truman Capote).
- Economics To find a level in relationship to other currencies solely in response to the law of supply and demand: allowed the dollar to float.
- To cause to remain suspended without sinking or falling.
- To put into the water; launch: float a ship; float a navy.
- To start or establish (a business enterprise, for example).
- To flood (land), as for irrigation.
- Economics To allow (the exchange value of a currency) to find freely its real level in relationship to other currencies.
- To offer for consideration; suggest: floated my idea to the committee.
- To release (a security) for sale.
- To arrange for (a loan).
- To make the surface of (plaster, for example) level or smooth.
- Computer Science To convert (data) from fixed-point notation to floating-point notation.
- Something that floats, as:
- A raft.
- A buoy.
- A life preserver.
- A buoyant object, such as a cork, used to hold a net or fishing line afloat.
- A landing platform attached to a wharf and floating on the water.
- A floating ball attached to a lever to regulate the water level in a tank.
- Biology An air-filled sac or structure that aids in the flotation of an aquatic organism. Also called air bladder, air vesicle.
- A decorated exhibit or scene mounted on a mobile platform and pulled or driven in a parade.
- A sum of money representing checks that are outstanding.
- A tool for smoothing the surface of plaster or cement.
- A soft drink with ice cream floating in it. See Regional Note at milk shake.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നാണയം സമതുലനമാക്കുക - Naanayam Samathulanamaakkuka | Nanayam Samathulanamakkuka ;ചങ്ങാടം പൊങ്ങുതടി - Changaadam Ponguthadi | Changadam Ponguthadi ;കമ്പനിസ്ഥാപിക്കുക - Kampanisthaapikkuka | Kampanisthapikkuka ;പ്ലവിക്കുക - Plavikkuka ;പ്രചാരത്തിലാക്കുക - Prachaaraththilaakkuka | Pracharathilakkuka ;പൊന്ത് - Ponthu ;