The state of not having; the condition of being without anything; absence or scarcity of what is needed or desired; deficiency; lack; as, a want of power or knowledge for any purpose; want of food and clothing.
- To desire greatly; wish for: They want to leave. She wants a glass of water. See Synonyms at desire.
- To desire (someone to do something): I want you to clean your room.
- To request the presence or assistance of: You are wanted by your office.
- To seek with intent to capture: The fugitive is wanted by the police.
- To have an inclination toward; like: Say what you want, but be tactful.
- Informal To be obliged (to do something): You want to be careful on the ice.
- To be without; lack. See Synonyms at lack.
- To be in need of; require: "'Your hair wants cutting,' said the Hatter” ( Lewis Carroll).
- To have need: wants for nothing.
- To be destitute or needy.
- To be disposed; wish: Call me daily if you want.
- The condition or quality of lacking something usual or necessary: stayed home for want of anything better to do.
- Pressing need; destitution: lives in want.
- Something desired: a person of few wants and needs.
- A defect of character; a fault.
- want in Slang To desire greatly to enter: The dog wants in.
- want in Slang To wish to join a project, business, or other undertaking.
- want out Slang To desire greatly to leave: The cat wants out.
- want out Slang To wish to leave a project, a business, or other undertaking.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ആഗ്രഹം - Aagraham | agraham ;ക്ഷാമം - Kshaamam | Kshamam ;അകിഞ്ചനത്വം - Akinchanathvam ;അഭാവം - Abhaavam | Abhavam ;ദൗര്ലഭ്യം - Dhaurlabhyam | Dhourlabhyam ;അപര്യാപ്തത - Aparyaapthatha | Aparyapthatha ;