To cut small pieces from; to diminish or reduce to shape, by cutting away a little at a time; to hew.
- A small broken or cut off piece, as of wood, stone, or glass.
- A crack or flaw caused by the removal of a small piece.
- A small disk or counter used in poker and other games to represent money.
- Slang Money.
- Electronics A minute slice of a semiconducting material, such as silicon or germanium, doped and otherwise processed to have specified electrical characteristics, especially before it is developed into an electronic component or integrated circuit. Also called microchip.
- An integrated circuit.
- A thin, usually fried slice of food, especially a potato chip. Often used in the plural.
- A very small piece of food or candy. Often used in the plural: chocolate chips.
- Chiefly British French fries.
- Wood, palm leaves, straw, or similar material cut and dried for weaving.
- A fragment of dried animal dung used as fuel.
- Something worthless.
- Sports A chip shot.
- To chop or cut with an ax or other implement.
- To break a small piece from: chip a tooth.
- To break or cut off (a small piece): chip ice from the window.
- To shape or carve by cutting or chopping: chipped her name in the stone.
- To become broken off into small pieces.
- Sports To make a chip shot in golf.
- chip away To reduce or make progress on something incrementally: We chipped away until the problem was solved.
- chip in To contribute money or labor: We all chipped in for beer.
- chip in To interrupt with comments; interject.
- chip in To put up chips or money as one's bet in poker and other games.
- chip off the old block A child whose appearance or character closely resembles that of one or the other parent.
- chip on (one's) shoulder A habitually hostile or combative attitude.
- when the chips are down At a critical or difficult time.
- To cheep, as a bird.
- Sports A trick method of throwing one's opponent in wrestling.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നുറുക്കുക - Nurukkuka ;തുണ്ടുകളാക്കുക - Thundukalaakkuka | Thundukalakkuka ;ചെറുകഷണങ്ങളായി വെട്ടുക - Cherukashanangalaayi Vettuka | Cherukashanangalayi Vettuka ;പൊട്ടിപ്പോവുക - Pottippovuka ;ചെറിയ തുണ്ട് ചെത്തി അടര്ത്തുക - Cheriya Thundu Cheththi Adarththuka | Cheriya Thundu Chethi Adarthuka ;പാത്രത്തിലും തടിയിലും മറ്റും ഒരു ചെറിയ തുണ്ട് അടര്ന്നു പോയ ഭാഗം - Paathraththilum Thadiyilum Mattum Oru Cheriya Thundu Adarnnu Poya Bhaagam | Pathrathilum Thadiyilum Mattum Oru Cheriya Thundu Adarnnu Poya Bhagam ;