To lament; to bewail; to complain.
- Free from obstructions; open; clear: in plain view.
- Obvious to the mind; evident: make one's intention plain. See Synonyms at apparent.
- Not elaborate or complicated; simple: plain food.
- Straightforward; frank or candid: plain talk.
- Not mixed with other substances; pure: plain water.
- Common in rank or station; average; ordinary: a plain man.
- Not pretentious; unaffected.
- Marked by little or no ornamentation or decoration.
- Not dyed, twilled, or patterned: a plain fabric.
- Lacking beauty or distinction: a plain face.
- Sheer; utter; unqualified: plain stupidity.
- Archaic Having no visible elevation or depression; flat; level.
- An extensive, level, usually treeless area of land.
- A broad level expanse, as a part of the sea floor or a lunar mare.
- Something free of ornamentation or extraneous matter.
- Informal Clearly; simply: plain stubborn.