A broad piece of defensive armor, carried on the arm, -- formerly in general use in war, for the protection of the body. See Buckler.
- A broad piece of armor made of rigid material and strapped to the arm or carried in the hand for protection against hurled or thrusted weapons.
- A person or thing that provides protection.
- A protective device or structure, as:
- A steel sheet attached to an artillery piece to protect gunners from small-arms fire and shrapnel.
- Physics A wall or housing of concrete or lead built around a nuclear reactor to prevent the escape of radiation.
- Electronics A structure or arrangement of metal plates or mesh designed to protect a piece of electronic equipment from electrostatic or magnetic interference.
- A pad worn, as at the armpits, to protect a garment from perspiration.
- A sanitary napkin.
- Zoology A protective plate or similar hard outer covering; a scute or scutellum.
- Something that resembles a shield, as:
- An escutcheon.
- A decorative emblem that often serves to identify an organization or a government.
- A police officer's badge.
- Geology The ancient, stable, interior layer of continents composed of primarily Precambrian igneous or metamorphic rocks. Also called continental shield.
- To protect or defend with or as if with a shield; guard. See Synonyms at defend.
- To cover up; conceal.
- To act or serve as a shield or safeguard.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഖർമ്മം - Kharmmam ;കുലചിഹ്നഫലകം - Kulachihnaphalakam ;മൂടുക - Mooduka ;രക്ഷണാർത്ഥ - Rakshanaarththa | Rakshanartha ;ആദരിക്കുക - Aadharikkuka | adharikkuka ;വര്മ്മം - Varmmam ;