A collection of breeding horses and mares, or the place where they are kept; also, a number of horses kept for a racing, riding, etc.
- An upright post in the framework of a wall for supporting sheets of lath, wallboard, or similar material.
- A small knob, nail head, or rivet fixed in and slightly projecting from a surface.
- A small ornamental button mounted on a short post for insertion through an eyelet, as on a dress shirt.
- A buttonlike earring mounted on a slender post, as of gold or steel, for wearing in a pierced earlobe.
- Any of various protruding pins or pegs in machinery, used mainly as a support or pivot.
- One of a number of small metal cleats embedded in a snow tire to increase traction on slippery or snowy roads.
- A metal crosspiece used as a brace in a link, as in a chain cable.
- To provide with or construct with studs or a stud.
- To set with studs or a stud: stud a bracelet with rubies.
- To be scattered over: Daisies studded the meadow.
- A group of animals, especially horses, kept for breeding.
- A male animal, such as a stallion, that is kept for breeding.
- A stable or farm where these animals are kept.
- Slang A man regarded as virile and sexually active.
- Slang A man regarded as attractive.
- Games Stud poker.
- at stud Available or offered for breeding. Used of animals.