To cause to rise; to bring from a lower to a higher place; to lift upward; to elevate; to heave; as, to raise a stone or weight.
- To move to a higher position; elevate: raised the loads with a crane. See Synonyms at lift.
- To set in an upright or erect position: raise a flagpole.
- To erect or build: raise a new building.
- To cause to arise, appear, or exist: The slap raised a welt.
- To increase in size, quantity, or worth: raise an employee's salary.
- To increase in intensity, degree, strength, or pitch: raised his voice.
- To improve in rank or dignity; promote: raised her to management level.
- To grow, especially in quantity; cultivate: raise corn and soybeans.
- To breed and care for to maturity: raise cattle.
- To bring up; rear: raise children.
- To accustom to something from an early age: "Such amenities are ... meant to make churchgoing attractive to a post-World War II generation raised on shopping malls and multiplex cinemas” ( Gustav Niebuhr).
- To put forward for consideration: raised an important question. See Synonyms at broach1.
- To voice; utter: raise a shout.
- To awaken; arouse: noise that would raise the dead.
- To stir up; instigate: raise a revolt.
- To bring about; provoke: remarks intended to raise a laugh.
- To make contact with by radio: couldn't raise the control tower after midnight.
- To gather together; collect: raise money from the neighbors for a charity.
- To cause (dough) to puff up.
- To end (a siege) by withdrawing troops or forcing the enemy troops to withdraw.
- To remove or withdraw (an order).
- Games To increase (a poker bet).
- Games To bet more than (a preceding bettor in poker).
- Games To increase the bid of (one's bridge partner).
- Nautical To bring into sight by approaching nearer: raised the Cape.
- To alter and increase fraudulently the written value of (a check, for example).
- To cough up (phlegm).
- Scots To make angry; enrage.
- Games To increase a poker bet or a bridge bid.
- The act of raising or increasing.
- An increase in salary.
- Cain To behave in a rowdy or disruptive fashion.
- Cain To reprimand someone angrily.
- raise eyebrows To cause surprise or mild disapproval.
- raise the stakes To increase one's commitment or involvement.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഉയർത്തുക - Uyarththuka | Uyarthuka ;ഉജ്ജീവിപ്പിക്കുക - Ujjeevippikkuka ;ശന്പളത്തില് വര്ദ്ധന - Shanpalaththil Varddhana | Shanpalathil Vardhana ;നിവര്ക്കുക - Nivarkkuka ;വര്ദ്ധന - Varddhana | Vardhana ;പുനര്ജ്ജീവിപ്പിക്കുക - Punarjjeevippikkuka ;