A collection of people; a company; a number; a multitude.
- A group or company of people, animals, or things. See Synonyms at band2, flock1.
- A group of soldiers.
- Military units; soldiers.
- A unit of cavalry, armored vehicles, or artillery in a European army, corresponding to a platoon in the U.S. Army.
- A unit of at least five Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts under the guidance of an adult leader.
- A great many; a lot.
- To move or go as a throng.
- To assemble or move in crowds.
- To consort; associate.