An apparatus for weighing.
- A weighing device, especially one consisting of a rigid beam horizontally suspended by a low-friction support at its center, with identical weighing pans hung at either end, one of which holds an unknown weight while the effective weight in the other is increased by known amounts until the beam is level and motionless.
- A state of equilibrium or parity characterized by cancellation of all forces by equal opposing forces.
- The power or means to decide.
- A state of bodily equilibrium: thrown off balance by a gust of wind.
- The ability to maintain bodily equilibrium: Gymnasts must have good balance.
- A stable mental or psychological state; emotional stability.
- A harmonious or satisfying arrangement or proportion of parts or elements, as in a design. See Synonyms at proportion.
- An influence or force tending to produce equilibrium; counterpoise.
- The difference in magnitude between opposing forces or influences.
- Accounting Equality of totals in the debit and credit sides of an account.
- Accounting The difference between such totals, either on the credit or the debit side.
- Something that is left over; a remainder.
- Chemistry Equality of mass and net electric charge of reacting species on each side of an equation.
- Mathematics Equality with respect to the net number of reduced symbolic quantities on each side of an equation.
- A balance wheel.
- To determine the weight of (something) in or as if in a weighing device.
- To compare by or as if by turning over in the mind: balanced the pros and cons before making a choice.
- To bring into or maintain in a state of equilibrium.
- To act as an equalizing weight or force to; counterbalance.
- Accounting To compute the difference between the debits and credits of (an account).
- Accounting To reconcile or equalize the sums of the debits and credits of (an account).
- Accounting To settle (an account, for example) by paying what is owed.
- To bring into or keep in equal or satisfying proportion or harmony.
- Mathematics To bring (an equation) into balance.
- Chemistry To bring (an equation) into balance.
- To move toward and then away from (a dance partner).
- To be in or come into equilibrium.
- To be equal or equivalent.
- To sway or waver as if losing or regaining equilibrium.
- To move toward and then away from a dance partner.
- in the balance In an undetermined and often critical position: Our plans were left hanging in the balance. Resolution of that item is still in the balance.
- on balance Taking everything into consideration; all in all.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തൂക്കിനോക്കല് - Thookkinokkal ;ശിഷ്ടം - Shishdam ;ശേഷ - Shesha ;ധടം - Dhadam ;തുല്യത - Thulyatha ;തുഞ്ചാരം - Thunchaaram | Thuncharam ;