A narrow fillet or band of cotton or linen; a narrow woven fabric used for strings and the like; as, curtains tied with tape.
- A narrow strip of strong woven fabric, as that used in sewing or bookbinding.
- A continuous narrow, flexible strip of cloth, metal, paper, or plastic, such as adhesive tape, magnetic tape, or ticker tape.
- A string stretched across the finish line of a racetrack to be broken by the winner.
- A length, reel, or cassette of magnetic tape.
- A recording made on magnetic tape.
- A tape measure.
- To fasten, secure, strengthen, or wrap with a tape.
- To bind together (the sections of a book) by applying strips of tape to.
- To measure with a tape measure.
- To record (sounds or pictures) on magnetic tape.
- To make a recording on magnetic tape.