To tell or name one by one, or by groups, for the purpose of ascertaining the whole number of units in a collection; to number; to enumerate; to compute; to reckon.
- To name or list (the units of a group or collection) one by one in order to determine a total; number.
- To recite numerals in ascending order up to and including: count three before firing.
- To include in a reckoning; take account of: ten dogs, counting the puppies.
- Informal To include by or as if by counting: Count me in.
- Informal To exclude by or as if by counting: Count me out.
- To believe or consider to be; deem: Count yourself lucky.
- To recite or list numbers in order or enumerate items by units or groups: counted by tens.
- To have importance: You really count with me.
- To have a specified importance or value: Their opinions count for little. Each basket counts for two points.
- Music To keep time by counting beats.
- The act of counting or calculating.
- A number reached by counting.
- The totality of specific items in a particular sample: a white blood cell count.
- Law Any of the separate and distinct charges in an indictment.
- Sports The counting from one to ten seconds, during which time a boxer who has been knocked down must rise or be declared the loser.
- Baseball The number of balls and strikes that an umpire has called against a batter.
- count down To recite numerals in descending order, as during a countdown.
- count off To recite numbers in turn, as when dividing people or things into groups : The 24 children counted off by twos, forming a dozen pairs.
- count on To rely on; depend on: You can count on my help.
- count on To be confident of; anticipate: counted on getting a raise.
- count out To declare (a boxer) out to have been knocked out by calling out the count.
- heads To make a count of members, attendees, or participants by or as if by noting bodily presence.
- A nobleman in some European countries.
- Used as a title for such a nobleman.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കണക്കാക്കുക - Kanakkaakkuka | Kanakkakkuka ;എണ്ണുക - Ennuka ;കരുതുക - Karuthuka ;ആശ്രയിക്കുക - Aashrayikkuka | ashrayikkuka ;ഒരു പ്രഭുപദവി - Oru Prabhupadhavi ;പ്രഭു - Prabhu ;