A mass of earth, or earth and rock, rising considerably above the common surface of the surrounding land; a mountain; a high hill; -- used always instead of mountain, when put before a proper name; as, Mount Washington; otherwise, chiefly in poetry.
- To climb or ascend: mount stairs.
- To place oneself upon; get up on: mount a horse; mount a platform.
- To climb onto (a female) for copulation. Used of male animals.
- To furnish with a horse for riding.
- To set on a horse: mount the saddle.
- To set in a raised position: mount a bed on blocks.
- To fix securely to a support: mount an engine in a car.
- To place or fix on or in the appropriate support or setting for display or study: mount stamps in an album; mount cells on a slide.
- To provide with scenery, costumes, and other equipment necessary for production: mount a play.
- To organize and equip: mount an army.
- To prepare and set in motion: mount an attack.
- To set in position for use: mount guns.
- To carry as equipment: The warship mounted ten guns.
- To post (a guard).
- To go upward; rise.
- To get up on something, as a horse or bicycle.
- To increase in amount, extent, or intensity: Costs are mounting up. Fear quickly mounted. See Synonyms at rise.
- The act or manner of mounting.
- A means of conveyance, such as a horse, on which to ride.
- An opportunity to ride a horse in a race.
- An object to which another is affixed or on which another is placed for accessibility, display, or use, especially:
- A glass slide for use with a microscope.
- A hinge used to fasten stamps in an album.
- A setting for a jewel.
- An undercarriage or stand on which a device rests while in service.
- A mountain or hill. Used especially as part of a proper name.
- Any of the seven fleshy cushions around the edges of the palm of the hand in palmistry.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
(പുറത്ത്) കയറുക - (puraththu) Kayaruka | (purathu) Kayaruka ;പ്രദക്തശനത്തിനുവേണ്ടി (ചിത്രം - Pradhakthashanaththinuvendi (chithram | Pradhakthashanathinuvendi (chithram ;രത്നം പതിക്കുക - Rathnam Pathikkuka ;കൊടുമുടി - Kodumudi ;സവാരിക്കുതിര - Savaarikkuthira | Savarikkuthira ;കൂമ്പാരം - Koompaaram | Koomparam ;